It is a two-player game similar to Chess in the Western world; as well as Chaturanga, from ancient Indian; Shogi, Japanese chess; and Janggi, from Korea. Considered the most popular board game in China as well as Vietnam.
The board of the game is representative of a battle field. The game pieces are two separate armies at war against one another. The object of the fame is to capture the opposing army’s general or king.
Xiangqi: Chinese Chess (How to Play): http://www.chessvariants.com/xiangqi.html
- Xiangqi, Chinese Chess (legendofthetenguprince.wordpress.com)
- A famous Chinese game-Chinese Chess&How to play xiangqi(Chinese Chess) (encocoen.wordpress.com)
- Monday Musings with White Wolf: Chess (retroishgamingcritic.wordpress.com)
- Legend of the Tengu Prince: Chapter Excerpt: “Brotherly Betrayal” (legendofthetenguprince.wordpress.com)
- Doctor Who Animated Chess Set (uniquedaily.com)
- Peter Marigold’s Log Chess Set is Made from a Single Branch (inhabitat.com)
- 3 Man Chess runs rings around the classic game (slashgear.com)
- Shōgi showdown for supercomputer (japantimes.co.jp)
- Three Player Chess Means I’ll Be Checkmated Twice As Much (gizmodo.com.au)
- Chess at night (ssimplyme.com)